Native components are created in React Native thanks to the ability to "translate" the so-called bridges and the ability to share code between both platforms. Thanks to this, we can write a full-fledged native application, the same as using Java / Kotlin for Android and Objective-C / Swift for iOS.
The strength of React Native is the ability to build a user-friendly application UI based on the available components. The development team can create even complex layouts, which at the same time can be attractively styled following the requirements of iOS or Android. Combined with the ability to create interactive animations, mobile applications have great UX. Well-planned navigation also ensures a positive user experience. React Native allows you to easily manage paths, also in the context of different screen sizes.
Using React Native brings clear business benefits to the customer.
react native - benefits
The faster development process thanks to the "hot reloading" function is undoubtedly a big advantage of this framework. Changes made to the code immediately "refresh" the application and within a few seconds, we can see them on the screen of a mobile device, as opposed to changes written in native technologies.
Another advantage that affects the speed of work is the shared code in about 90% depending on the complexity of the application. This allows for the simultaneous use of once written components on both platforms.
Shared code also requires fewer resources as there is no need to create separate Android / iOS teams. One codebase means easier maintenance of the application and its possible subsequent scaling.
Hybrid Application? Even more!
React Native is not a hybrid technology such as Ionic, which uses WebView, i.e. web components (the same as in the case of a web application) embedded in a mobile application. This allows the use of specific interfaces and APIs for a given platform.
Contrary to hybrid solutions, you can use the same benefits as "traditional" native applications, for example, free Google maps.
High level of UX / UI
User Experience and User Interface are very important aspects in every project, not only in mobile applications. React Native allows us to render the same view (e.g. a button), which will look different for Android and different for iOS. For example key functions or specific behaviors for a given platform can be "added" using the native language.
In summary, React Native is:
- Quick implementation and lower costs compared to the situation when iOS and Android applications are implemented separately.
- Faster implementation of changes and updates thanks to the use of common code for both platforms.
- Positive user experience. The high level of user experience, the elements of the application responsible for the appearance and operation of the application behave like this in native solutions.
- The ability to create applications so that key resources are stored on the device, thanks to which key functionalities can also be provided offline or with minimal transfer.
react native - capabilities
The final effect and appearance of the application largely depend on the skills of the developers. Be sure to have a partner that combines knowledge of the benefits and limitations of React Native in mobile applications. The partner that we gather know-how knows how to estimate the risk that accompanies each project. Select react native when:
- You need to reach users on multiple platforms,
- the application does not require a large number of integration with operating system-specific functions,
- You want the application to have a similar appearance regardless of the platform